It is an allergic reaction that occurs in response to low temperatures. Usually, in the winter season, it occurs at the tips of the fingers of your feet and causes itching and restlessness. It is the most common problem that people find in the winter season and are not aware of getting rid of this problem. We are here to provide you with information about the causes and treatments of this swelling at home. Get rid of Chilblains in one week or in a two or three days period with proper care of your skin.
2-What are chilblains?
These are the swellings in small areas of your body in response to the chill environment. The fingers swell and cause itching.
It usually occurs at the
It causes temporary damage to your skin. Its effects are not permanent. these are red rashes that appear on the skin of your fingers and ears, toes, and heels. it causes restlessness and doesn’t let you perform your functions properly. It is an uncomfortable situation so everyone wants to get rid of this problem.
It appears due to the exposure of cold to your skin. The blood vessel inflammation in the finger causes pain and red blisters on your hand and feet. As the causative agent is cold for this problem so the best solution for this problem is to avoid getting in direct contact or your skin with the cold. Keep your body warm in the winter season and protect it from any kind of skin allergy caused by the chill environment. These rashes appear on your skin and are removed within a week or two as the weather gets warm your problem is solved.
3-Symptoms of chilblains
There are the following symptoms when noticed on your skin explains that you have this problem
- Swelling of fingers
- Inflammation of blood vessels
- Rashes in the form of small patches that occurs due to inflammation in your body
- Skin burning in response to any kind of product used on it
- Skin color is changed
- The infected area becomes darker and darker
- Red or blue patches
- Blisters on the infected area
If these symptoms appear on your skin then you have to see medication to treat this problem.
4-Causes of Inflammation
Before the treatment of any kind of problem, we have to know the causes of that problem. The causes for this problem may be random there is no exact reason for the rashes to happen on your body. There is the following reason why inflammation of blood vessels may occur and you face the problem.
- Exposure to a chill environment
- Any kind of abnormal reaction
- Blood vessels inflammation causes leakage of blood into the surrounding tissues which is the reason rashes appear on your skin
- Hormonal disturbance
- Poor blood circulation
- Wearing tight cloths
- Wearing tight shoes in which air cannot penetrate
- Wearing dirty socks for a long time
5-Treatment of chilblains
There are the following ways to get rid of this allergic reaction
As the main reason behind this problem is the cold so here we will explain how we can prevent our skin from direct exposure to the chill environment
- Exercise- Taking regular muscles to exercise at home daily keeps your body warm and the blood vessels to circulate blood properly to all parts of the body.
- Cover your whole body with warm cloths
- Avoid direct exposure of your body part to an extremely chill environment
- Use gloves
- Wear shoes
- Keep your feet and hands dry
- Wash your feet regularly with your daily soap
- Use ointment on your skin
- Use daily skin care lotions
- Oral medication- is also used to treat inflammation and rashes. supplements are used by the prescription of your doctor and are taken orally
- Keep your whole body warm
- Do not wear dirty socks
- Do not wear closed shoes for more than 10 hours let your feet outside the shoes to the air so that the skin cells may get relax
- Do not forget to wash your feet at night before going to the feet
- Always wash your feet after removing socks
- Use smooth clothing
- Do not put bleach on the infected area
- Gently massage with oil on the affected area to get relief from itching instantly
- Do not rub the infected area
- Do not use metal objects on the infected area
6-How long do it last?
It usually lasts for two to three weeks as it is a skin problem and the skin gets damaged due to the allergy so it takes this time to repair itself.
If you are unable to solve this problem at home by following the above-mentioned steps then there is a need to consult a doctor. Please do not wait and go to your physician and let him know about your problem and get a perfect solution for the chilblains.
Use the prescribed supplements or ointments or the prescribed procedures and get healthy and glowing skin again.
It is not a permanent condition it is easy to solve this problem.