Everyone wants to have beautiful and attractive nails. Toenail fungus is a condition in which the microbes penetrate deeper into your nail and lift it up from the normal body position and causing damage to your look.
2-What is toenail fungus?
It is the infection of nails caused by fungus. These are the microbes that attack your nails and go deeper. initially, at the start of the infection, a light greenish-yellow spot appears at the tip of the nails, and then it moves deeper and deeper and spoils your nail. your nails may break becomes thick and rough and begin to crack. The edges of the nails began to crumble and the nails becomes thick and colorless.
There are many symptoms of checking whether you have nail fungus or not: if you have
- Light greenish yellow
- Athlete’s foot
On the nails then there is a chance that you may have this infection although there might be other reasons for this in most cases it is the infection of nails.
2.1-How contagious nail fungus is?
This is a very contagious disease. it may spread by touching the infected area. it spread very quickly. you may also get this fungus by walking barefoot on the infected area in the public place like parks footpaths etc.
3- What are the causes of nail infection?
There are many reasons for a person to have a toenail infection including;
- Wearing tight shoes that do not properly get fit to your feet.
- Wearing thick shoes causes sweat on your feet
- Walking barefoot in public areas like pools, showers, and footpaths
- Very thin skin injury
- Old age
- Poor diet
- Application of chemicals on nails
- Winter- is the cold season there are chances you might get the infection
- Other skin infections may also lead to nail infection
- Nail surgery
- Nail injuries
- Athlete’s foot
- Family getting nails infection frequently
- Poor circulation of blood
- Weak immune system
4-Fungi which causes infection in nails
Fungi are the microbes that cause fungus infection in your nails. These are microscopic organism and do not require sunlight to grow thus they penetrate deeper into the nails and causes infection. There are the following most common fungi which cause nail infection
- Trichophyton rubrum
- Trichophyton soudanense
- Microsporum gypseum
- Epidermophyton floccosum
- Trichophyton tonsurans
- Trichophyton interdigitale
5-What is the fastest way to cure the toenail fungus?
There are the following ways to get rid of nail fungus:
Use of anti-fungal drugs- often effective in treating mild fungus6-
- A prescribed anti-fungal pill taken orally
- Ointments were applied directly on the nail in the infected area
- Medicated nail cream
- Medicated nail polish- ciclopirox is the medicated nail polish prescribed by any physician
- Medicated nails lotion
6- Home remedies to kill toenail fungus
There are the following home remedies that can be used to control the infection
Put Apple cider vinegar directly onto the infected area
The application of vinegar to the infected area directly helps you to kill the infection naturally due to its anti-fungal properties. Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular remedies used for this treatment.
What is the best solution to soak your foot to remove fungus?
Just make a solution of half a teaspoon of Epsom salt and one-third teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, a full teaspoon of baking soda add all these things in hot water, and soak your feet in the water to get relief from the infection in your nails.
Oils for the nails infection
one can use the following oils to kill the infection
- Tea tree oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Mustard oil
- Almond oil
Vicks Vapo Rub works for the fungus or not?
Vicks Vapo Rub is the least effective in killing the fungus so one should avoid the use of this ointment. use this ointment only as prescribed by your doctor.
How to get rid of toenail fungus fast at home?
I you want to get rid of nail infections than simply follow the following steps and have strong shiny neat and clean nails.
- Take baby care of your nails effectively
- Apply ointments and lotions regularly
- Get your nails trimmed twice or thrice a week
- Keep your nails neat and clean
- Do not the tight shoes
- Wear loss use that easily fits your feet
- Wash your feet properly with soap before going to bed
- Do not go into the washroom without shoes
- Use your own nail cutter – as the fungus is highly contagious so when you will use the nail cutter used by an infected person the risk of getting the infection is more than 100%.
- Reduce the use of nail polish
- Reduce the use of nail paint removers
- Soak your feet in the water adding baking soda
- Keep your feet dry
- Remove the wet socks or shoes as soon as possible
- Use your own separate pedicure tool at home
7- Which Food is best for toenail fungus treatment?
Healthy food provides your body strength to defend you against this kind of infections.
you may use the following items in your diet to get rid of the nail infection
- Fresh vegetables
- Sugar canes
- Corn etc.
8- Avoid dehydration
The human body comprises 70% of water. Almost all the biochemical reactions that occur in living cells occur in the water medium. it is too much important for an individual to maintain the level of water in his or her body. otherwise, it will result in dehydration which causes serious problems and all the biochemical activities are disturbed. Drinking 9-10 glasses of water per day is good for having good and normal health. be hydrated and get rid of the problem of nail infection as the water provides the nails natural softness and shine.
Let your nails shine again. Follow all the instructions given above and have beautiful, attractive, shiny, and natural-looking healthy nails.